Before beginning the set up process, please ensure that Bluetooth is switched OFF, and location services are switched ON on your smartphone. Please also make sure that your Wi-Fi is set to the 2.4GHz network - Roost devices do not connect to 5GHz network bands.
You will only have 0 or 2 beep errors if you are trying to set up your device using audio setup. For Second Generation Roost devices, please use the "silent" setup mode (connecting to Roost-device-xxxx in your Wi-Fi settings)
If you get an error message at the end of setup and your device did not beep at all after you go through the set up steps, it means that the device is not hearing the connection audio tone that your smartphone played.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- If you are using an iPhone 7, you may need to reduce the volume to 75-80% after a failure to connect and 0 beeps.
- Make sure your device is in setup mode. The LED on your leak detector should be blinking green. The LED on your 9V Battery or Garage Door Sensor should be blinking red.
- Remove your smartphone's case.
- Place your smartphone and Roost device on a hard flat surface.
- Please note: hard surfaces such as granite, glass, or other stone may cause your Roost device to not receive the audio signal from your phone. Please use a different surface such as wood or laminate.
- Make sure the sound holes of the Roost device are near your smartphone's speaker. You can also try the alternative configuration at the bottom of this article
- Please try setting up the device again
We apologize for any inconvenience if you still have issues with connecting your Roost device after following these steps. Please contact our Customer Support team
You can also try using this alternative configuration for making sure the sound from the your phone is transmitted clearly to your Roost device