Once you've set up your Smart device correctly in the app, you can install or place your device and test it to ensure it is working as it should be.
- Pour a small amount of water on a solid, flat surface and place the leak detector in the water so that the metal rings on the bottom of the detector make contact with the water. NOTE: Do not immerse the leak detector completely in water as this will damage it!
- In a few seconds your leak detector will begin to alarm and the red LED on the cover near the Roost logo will blink.
- To stop the leak detector alarm from sounding, dry off the metal rings on the bottom of the detector thoroughly, especially the small space between them.
- Shortly after your Roost leak detector begins to alarm, you should receive a push notification on your smartphone alerting you that there has been a leak.
- If you don't receive a push notification within a minute, please check your phone settings to make sure you've allowed push notifications from Roost and test again.
- You can then place your Leak Detector anywhere you wish to monitor, as long as there is adequate Wi-Fi signal.
For extra information on where to place your Leak Detector, please see our help center article Where is the best place to install my leak detector?